Authors: Azra K. Nurkic, Chelsea Raubenheimer, Bridget Lavin
– U.S. surpassed 10 million cumulative cases this week.
– With 238K deaths, and the continuous surge, US has set a new daily record of reported cases: 141,769
– 1 in 33 Americans has now tested positive for COVID-19 (compared to 1 in 78 in July)
– Idaho, Oklahoma and Wyoming are the three U.S. states with no statewide mask mandate and correspondingly lowest mask wearing practices (below 68%)
– The ensemble forecast predicts that anywhere between 450,000 to 960,000 new cases will likely be reported the week ending November 28, 2020.
– According to IHME, 130,000 lives could be saved by Feb 2021 with universal mask mandate.
– Projected peak in daily deaths: on January 18, 2,297 people are likely to die at current rate of infection and prevention. practice.