The purpose of this grants program is to select up to two (2) subgrantees (Implementation Partners (IPs) in the provinces of Battambang and Banteay Meanchey that will support I4DI to achieve its objectives by mobilizing communities and encouraging civic engagement through their individual mandates. The selected IPs are expected to bring together diverse groups of citizens (in particular youth, students, and women), CSOs, waste generators, academia, media, local civil tech groups, WMS service providers, and entrepreneurs to discuss shared T4GC priorities and common issues, develop potential solutions, and undertake collective action to promote improved waste management services, citizen voice and collaboration, and economic opportunities while working towards a clean Cambodia.
I4DI strongly encourages applications from organizations that are members of existing networks and coalitions, which through their presence or ongoing activities, cover a number of the project’s pilot sites in Battambang and Banteay Meanchey. In addition, I4DI encourages applications from organizations that are (preferably but not limited to) active members of networks and coalitions working to advocate for environmental stewardship, data transparency, civic mobilization, youth engagement, tech innovation and small business entrepreneurship.
I4DI envisions that working through organizations that are members of coalitions and networks will amplify the impact of grant activities and reach communities in a number of T4GC’s target sites.
Cambodia: Battambang Province, Banteay Meanchey Province
USAID Tech for Green Cities (T4GC) is a three-year project (October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2022) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Institute for Development Impact (I4DI) to strengthen solid waste management services (WMS) in Cambodia by building an easy-to-use mobile application for real-time reporting of waste management problems. The goal of T4GC is to increase responsiveness, accountability and transparency of public WMS in Battambang and Banteay Meanchey provinces by enhancing expression of citizens’ rights and participation in governance, while also stimulating sustainable waste management practices in Cambodia.
By integrating the use of data across citizens, civil society, WMS providers and other stakeholders, and making the information available to the public, incentivizing reporting and linking it to income generating opportunities, the T4GC platform will help promote constructive interactions between citizens and officials regarding service delivery, improve waste management practices and be more effective in reaching people for improved impact and lasting results. T4GC will achieve this goal by accomplishing the following objectives:
- Increased transparency and address information scarcity by creating open data access;
- Improved service delivery and transparency by creating citizen feedback loops and strengthening accountability networks;
- Promotion of a circular economy in Cambodia by optimizing ongoing efforts aimed at strengthening the Reduce-Reuse-Recycle (3R) strategy
- An Application Form (See Annex 1 of RFA document);
- A budget in US Dollars, with budget notes/ narrative (See Annex 1 of RFA document)
- Authorized signatory statement: Applications must be signed by a person authorized to submit an application on behalf of the applicant and to bind the applicant to the application. Applications should include the name, title, e-mail and telephone number of the person or persons in the organization who are authorized to discuss and accept a grant if awarded;
- Copy of valid organization registration certificate;
- Copy of valid organization’s renewal certificate;
- Copy of organization’s by-laws/constitution;
- Copy of organizational chart;
- Copy of personnel and financial policy;
- Copy of tax exemption certificate (if applicable);
- Copy of Permanent Accountable Number (PAN) certificate;
- Copy of salary scale;
- Copy of audit report (last two years);
- Copy of tax clearance certificate for FY 2018/19; and,
- Copy of annual report (please attach last three years’ annual report).
The application form can be found in Annex 1 of the attachment along with this requisition. Please provide complete answers to all parts of the Application Form. Please also include the required Budget Table, Budget Narrative, and additional information on Institutional Capacity.
How to Apply
- Questions: Questions and requests for clarifications will be accepted by email or until 5:00 PM on April 6, 2020
- Consultation Sessions: Shortly after issuing this RFA, T4GC will hold a virtual question and answer webinar to provide potential applicants with an opportunity to raise queries relating to the RFA on April 8, 2020 (9:00-10:30 am ICT). Interested applicants are requested to email provided to RSVP for the webinar.
- Language: Applications should be submitted in English
- Formatting: Please use Times New Roman 12 font type, with single space and one-inch margins on all sides. (budget should be prepared in excel sheet using formula for calculation)
- Submissions: Please submit the application by email to the email address provided in the RFA document.
Additional information related to the RFA submission can be found here