Institute for Development Impact
Position: Chief of Party/ Initiative for the Global Development Alliance (GDA)
Organization: Institute for Development Impact
Location: South Sulawesi, Indonesia
Position Status: Full-time employee
Introduction to I4DI
The Institute for Development Impact is a woman-owned, global monitoring and evaluation firm, dedicated to advancing evidence-based decision-making for improved social impact programming. To that end, I4DI specializes in advanced data analytics, independent research and evaluation, systems design and development, and monitoring to assess, inform, and strengthen policies and programs. I4DI is trusted by a diverse range of clients, including multilateral agencies like the World Bank Group and the United Nations, U.S. Government agencies including the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as national governments, private foundations, and private sector clients around the world. Our team is well-known for its organization-wide evaluation experience, expertise in qualitative research methods, and systems approach to institutionalizing and sustaining data-driven decision-making.
I4DI is seeking a Chief of Party for the proposed USAID-funded Initiative for The Global Development Alliance (GDA) aimed at scaling the evidence-based agroforestry practices built on a longer-term jurisdictional approach that utilizes farm-level technologies to advance climate-resilient practices, increase smallholder farmer income, and ensure high-quality cocoa supply in South Sulawesi. The Chief of Party will provide leadership, management, and technical direction for the GDA Initiative ensuring high quality of program deliverables; serving as chief liaison to USAID, local partners, key stakeholders, and I4DI HQ; and ensuring the capacity of a highly responsive, flexible, results-driven program agenda.
- Provide vision and overall leadership on the GDA Initiative, including but not limited to planning, design, and implementation of technical activities, financial management, and operations;
- Manage staff and subcontractors to ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality project deliverables;
- Oversee design, development, and implementation of learning agendas, including development of evaluation tools, data collection and management, report generation, knowledge sharing, and training and capacity-building activities;
- Lead coordination and consultations with USAID, implementing partners, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required and report regularly to the I4DI HQ;
- Travel to field for monitoring and oversight.
Successful candidates should have:
- A master’s degree in international development, supply chain management, social sciences or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience managing complex projects with one or more of the following technical components: supply chain monitoring, evaluation, and learning; research, design and data collection; knowledge management;
- Progressive experience in providing strategic technical expertise on supply chain related data collection and management, monitoring, learning and evaluation to donors, governments, or the private sector;
- Excellent team leadership, representational, management, and communication skills;
- Prior experience managing USAID programs preferred;
- Prior experience working in Indonesia is preferred.
To apply, send resume/CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Resumes accepted and reviewed on a rolling bases. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. I4DI is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org